Flight stand doesn't work?
You can't transport it?
Why does it look so... funny?
Replace that untransportable behemoth for a magnetic acrylic flight stand!
This kit works well with the following models:
Helldrake, Harpy, Storm Talon
(Please Note: It does not work well with similarly sized resin models since those models are much heavier)
|Acrylic Rod (Drilled)||3/4" Diameter x 6.5" Tall|
|2 Disc Magnets||3/4" x 1/8" (20mm x 3mm)|
|1 Countersunk Ring Magnet||3/4" x 1/8" (20mm x 3mm)|
|1 Ball Bearing||3/4" Diameter|
These rocks are made so the flight stands will be stronger and more stable for the base connection.
Large Flying Base
This is a resin base that is the correct size for all of the flyers in 40k. It comes with a magnet cast into the base .
- Remove the peg from the base and model as cleanly as possible.
- Glue a Rock Adapter to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet inside the rock adapter, or if you don't have an adapter, glue the magnet to the base.
- Glue the other disc magnet to the flat side of the flight stand ensuring that the polarities will attract one another with the magnet you have already glued.
- Glue the ball to the drilled part of the flight stand.
- Glue the ring magnet to the model with the wide opening facing away from the model. The opening is set to fit the ball bearing nicely.
Magnetizing a model with this kit will take about 1-2 minutes in total. You will spend more time trying to clean the superglue off your fingers than assembling these stands.
If you need flight stand or magnetizing kit for a particular model please email me and I will make sure we get to work on it.
The Magnet Baron