Flight stand doesn't work?
You can't transport it?
Why does it look so... funny?
Replace that untrasnportable behemoth for a magnetic acrylic flight stand!
There is a short and a long version of this kit for Valkyries, Storm Ravens, vs large skimmers that don't want to be 4.5" off the ground.
This kit is perfect for the following Warhammer 40k models:
Thunderhawk, Mirad9or Bomber
|Acrylic Rod (Undrilled)||1" Diameter x 4" Tall|
|4 Disc Magnets||1" x 1/8" (25mm x 3mm)|
|1 Rock Anchor||Mega Large (25mm inner diameter)|
These rocks are made so the flight stands will be stronger and more stable for the base connection.
- Remove the peg from the base and model as cleanly as possible.
- Glue a Rock Adapter to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet inside the rock adapter, or if you don't have an adapter, glue the magnet to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet to the flight stand ensuring that the polarities will attract one another with the magnet you have already glued.
- Repeat step 4 on the other side of the flight stand. Remember, the flight stand is the same on the top and bottom for the Flats, so match the magnets so you don't have to remember up/down.
- Glue the final magnet to the model ensuring that it will also match the magnets you have already glued. I recommend you drill the model and set these magnets and the flight stand into the model to increase strength.
Magnetizing a model with this kit will take about 1-2 minutes in total. You will spend more time trying to clean the superglue off your fingers than assembling these stands.
If you need flight stand or magnetizing kit for a particular model please email me and I will make sure we get to work on it.
The Magnet Baron
Super Magnets are incredibly powerful and pose a choking hazard to children. Please keep magnets away from children that are at a risk of eating them as well as animals, such as dogs and cats.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD!
The acrylic rods and ball bearings also can pose a choking hazard.
MEDICAL DEVICE WARNING! KEEP AWAY!
Please keep these away from people with medical devices such as Pacemakers. The magnets can disrupt the propper functioning of medical devices with their strong magnetic field.
All models are personal property of The Magnet Baron and its employees. The Magnet Baron is in no way endorsed or considered official by Games Workshop.