Broken skimmer stands?
Of course they broke, who didn't think they would?
It's alright GW, you all handle 8th edition and I'll handle the magnets!
These are skimmer stands that won't snap in half for no reason and let you pose your skimmers in the right positions, doing crazy banks and turns!
Harlequin Starweaver, Dark Eldar Venom, Eldar Hornets, Vyper, Tau Piranha
Space Marines Landspeeder (Standard and scout variants), Tyranid Hive Tyrants, Necron Command Barge
|4 Acrylic Rod (Drilled)||12mm Diameter by 15mm, 60mm or 76mm in Height|
|8 Disc Magnets||1/2" x 1/16" (12mm x 3mm)|
|4 Countersunk Ring Magnet||1/2" x 1/8" (12mm x 3mm)|
|4 Ball Bearing||12mm Diameter|
|4 Rock Anchors||Large Anchor (12mm inner diameter)|
These rocks are made so the flight stands will be stronger and more stable for the base connection.
- Remove the peg from the base and model as cleanly as possible.
- Glue a Rock Adapter to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet inside the rock adapter, or if you don't have an adapter, glue the magnet to the base.
- Glue the other disc magnet to the flat side of the flight stand ensuring that the polarities will attract one another with the magnet you have already glued.
- Glue the ball to the drilled part of the flight stand.
- Glue the ring magnet to the model with the wide opening facing away from the model. The opening is set to fit the ball bearing nicely.
Magnetizing a model with this kit will take about 1-2 minutes in total. You will spend more time trying to clean the superglue off your fingers than assembling these stands.
If you need flight stand or magnetizing kit for a particular model please email me and I will make sure we get to work on it.
The Magnet Baron