Star Wars Legion may be one of the best tabletop Star Wars games of all time but they still need these magnetic flight stands to help out.
This kit works well for the following models:
|4 Acrylic Rod (Drilled)||5/16" Diameter x 5/8" (8mm x 17mm) Tall|
|8 Disc Magnets||5/16" x 1/16" (8mm x 3mm)|
|4 Countersunk Ring Magnet||5/16" x 1/8" (8mm x 3mm)|
|4 Ball Bearing||
|4 Acrylic Rod (Undrilled)||5/16" Diameter x less than an inch (23mm)|
|16 Disc Magnets||5/16" x 1/16" (8mm x 2mm)|
|4 Rock Anchors||Medium Small (8mm inner diameter)|
These rocks are made so the flight stands will be stronger and more stable for the base connection.
These are resin cast bases with the above rock adapters all made as one piece. The Large Acrylic Skimmer bases that GW offers do not have a flat top which makes it difficult to get a good glue surface area with the adapters/flight stands. These bases have the adapter cast as the same piece, so everything is
- Remove the peg from the base and model as cleanly as possible.
- Glue a Rock Adapter to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet inside the rock adapter, or if you don't have an adapter, glue the magnet to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet to the flight stand ensuring that the polarities will attract one another with the magnet you have already glued.
- Repeat step 4 on the other side of the flight stand. Remember, the flight stand is the same on the top and bottom for the Flats, so match the magnets so you don't have to remember up/down.
- Glue the final magnet to the model ensuring that it will also match the magnets you have already glued.
Magnetizing a model with this kit will take about 1-2 minutes in total. You will spend more time trying to clean the superglue off your fingers than assembling these stands.
If you need flight stand or magnetizing kit for a particular model please email me and I will make sure we get to work on it.