3x Allopex Medium Small Flat Magnetic Flight Stands
Broken skimmer stands?
Of course they broke, who didn't think they would?
It's alright GW, you all handle 8th edition and I'll handle the magnets!
These are skimmer stands that won't snap in half for no reason and let you pose your skimmers in the right positions, doing crazy banks and turns!
I have seen the following skimmers magnetized to good effect with this kit:
Akhelian Allopex Idoneth Deepking
|3 Acrylic Flight Stands||5/16" Diameter x less than an inch (23mm)|
|12 Disc Magnets||5/16" x 1/16" (8mm x 2mm)|
|3 Rock Anchors||Medium Small (8mm inner diameter)|
|1 Flight Stand Guide||Medium Small|
These rocks are made so the flight stands will be stronger and more stable for the base connection.
- Remove the peg from the base and model as cleanly as possible.
- Glue a Rock Adapter to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet inside the rock adapter, or if you don't have an adapter, glue the magnet to the base.
- Glue a disc magnet to the flight stand ensuring that the polarities will attract one another with the magnet you have already glued.
- Repeat step 4 on the other side of the flight stand. Remember, the flight stand is the same on the top and bottom for the Flats, so match the magnets so you don't have to remember up/down.
- Glue the final magnet to the model ensuring that it will also match the magnets you have already glued.